A Panic Room For Your Picasso
In South Florida, planning ahead for hurricane season is not optional; it’s a necessity. We are here to help guide you through creating your own hurricane preparedness program and make it easy for you to safeguard your artwork.
We will pack and pick up your selected artworks at the start of hurricane season and store them in one of our private hurricane-safe storage units. At the end of the season, Fortress will deliver the works back to your home, delicately placing or hanging on the same location as before.
Hurricane Evacuation Services For Your Artwork
We also offer hurricane evacuation services of artworks prior to storms and during post-storm recovery. And you can bring your artwork directly to your storage unit, if you prefer.
Fortress services Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Naples, the Florida Keys and other areas in South Florida.
OUR HURRICANE SEASON PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM
- Designed to assist clients with removal and storage of important and valuable objects during hurricane season.
- Advance planning is imperative for the program to be successful.
- Client should identify the objects to be included in the plan.
- Fortress will visit the home to review these objects and identify the proper size storage space required.
- Fortress will determine the packing and removal requirements, including any crating that may be necessary.
- A storage space will be reserved at an agreed upon start date and your account will be opened.
- Your Priority Number will be assigned and rental charges will begin at the start date. Priority numbers are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Packing and removal charges will be incurred only when the service is actually rendered.
- Fortress recommends that the packing and removal be provided at the start of hurricane season. However, the client should contact Fortress no later than the issuance of a Tropical Storm Warning to coordinate the packing and removal if the objects are still at the residence.
- Time is of the essence. Fortress cannot guarantee response if scheduling is delayed.
- Fortress cannot control city-mandated evacuations, road and bridge closings, power outages, etc.
- Client should have a back-up contact designated in advance to coordinate these efforts should client be unavailable at the time of a Tropical Storm Warning issuance.
- Once the threat or storm has passed, client can choose to have the objects returned to the home or retained in storage until a later date.
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late! Contact Fortress Now
Don’t wait until it’s too late to create a hurricane storage plan for your fine art collection. Even losing one piece to mother nature can be detrimental. Instead, contact our offices today, and we’ll get started setting up your hurricane plan before the next season starts.