A Panic Room for Your Picasso
We understand that in South Florida, planning ahead for storms is not optional, but a necessity. We are here to help guide you through the creation of your own hurricane preparedness program and make it easy for you to safeguard your artworks. We will pack and pick-up your selected artworks at the start of Hurricane Season and store them in a private unit. At the end of season, Fortress will deliver the works back to your home and hang them on the same place on the wall. We also offer hurricane evacuation services of artworks prior to storms and during post-storm recovery. And, you can also bring your artwork directly to your storage unit, if you prefer.
HURRICANE SEASON PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM
- Designed to assist clients with removal and storage of important and valuable objects during hurricane season.
- Advance planning is imperative for the program to be successful.
- Client should identify the objects to be included in the plan.
- Fortress will visit the home to review these objects and identify the proper size storage space required.
- Fortress will determine the packing and removal requirements, including any crating that may be necessary.
- A storage space will be reserved at an agreed upon start date and your account will be opened.
- Your Priority Number will be assigned and rental charges will begin at the start date. Priority numbers are assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Packing and removal charges will be incurred only when the service is actually rendered.
- Fortress recommends that the packing and removal be provided at the start of hurricane season. However, the client should contact Fortress no later than the issuance of a Tropical Storm Warning to coordinate the packing and removal if the objects are still at the residence.
- Time is of the essence. Fortress cannot guarantee response if scheduling is delayed.
- Fortress cannot control city-mandated evacuations, road and bridge closings, power outages, etc.
- Client should have a back-up contact designated in advance to coordinate these efforts should client be unavailable at the time of a Tropical Storm Warning issuance.
- Once the threat or storm has passed, client can choose to have the objects returned to the home or retained in storage until a later date.